Vessel Name: Atlantic Provider
Engine Type: 12V 32/40
Location: Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago.
The following jobs were carried out:
- Crankshaft deflection measurements
- Bearing and crankshaft inspection
- Cylinder head components inspection
- Fuel pump inspection
- Fuel injection valve inspection
- Liner inspection
- Piston inspection
- Valve assembly inspection
- Liner casing inspection
- Connecting rod bush inspection
- Turbocharger inspection
All liner dismounted and cleaned. All honed according to MAN instruction. After honing all liner measurement taken and B1-B2 unit dimension found out of limit. Mentioned liner strongly recommended replacing. (Measurements attached) . Recommended at next overhaul all liners be replaced.
All pistons dismounted and cleaned. Groove measurement taken and it was found that B1, B3, B5 1st groove and A2, A3, A4, A5, A6 2nd groove measurement out of limits. All pistons to be replaced at next overhaul.
- Piston pin measured and found OK.
- Piston skirt inspected and found OK.
- All piston pin bearings renewed.
- Piston retaining bolts renewed
All mechanical works carried out by D&D Engineering Services.