Vessel Name: Atlantic Provider
Engine Type: 12V 32/40
Location: Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago.
The following jobs were carried out:
- Crankshaft deflection measurements
- Bearing and crankshaft inspection
- Cylinder head components inspection
- Fuel pump inspection
- Fuel injection valve inspection
- Liner inspection
- Piston inspection
- Valve assembly inspection
- Liner casing inspection
- Connecting rod bush inspection
- Turbocharger inspection
Cylinder head dismantled at the workshop and inspected.
- Valve guide measurement taken (not acceptable) – new guides installed.
- Valve rotator inspected. (All exhaust valve rotators renewed)
- Exhaust valves and inlet valves inspected. (Unacceptable)
- Inlet and exhaust valves replaced.
- Turbochargers inspected. (Unacceptable) – both Turbochargers replaced.
- Inlet and exhaust valve seats inspected (Unacceptable) – All valve seats were replaced.
- Cylinder numbers A1, A2, A4, A5, B3, B4, B5, B6 (Oversized exhaust valve seats of 2mm were fitted)
- Starting valves serviced, all seals replaced, pilot valve seals renewed and valves tested.
- Cylinder head fire rings replaced on all 12 cylinders.
- Cylinder head sealing gasket replaced.
All mechanical works carried out by D&D Engineering Services.